a mt. rainier 4th... well 6th.

Ah, it was so nice to get out of town. I would have been pretty awesome if we saw the mountain, since drove half way up the damn thing (and yes, today it's sunny and I'm not at work and it would have been perfect). I have terrible luck with weather on volcanoes, ref.

It's ok though. Because it was still a fantastic day. Outdoorsy Seattlites already know how easy it is to get to Mt. Rainier, but for us city mice it wasn't intuitively obvious. Only now am I beginning to understand the full potential of car sharing.

You've already seen the pictures on flickr, so why don't we do some blog exclusives. eh?

Interior of Henry M. Jackson Visitor Center
Interior of Henry M. Jackson Visitor Center

I really love the Henry M. Jackson Visitor Center. I'll probably bore you with details on friday. For now, I'm just glad I made it up there before they tear it down next year. This is the outside:
Henry M. Jackson Visitor Center

Observation Deck, upstairs in the Henry M. Jackson Visitor Center
Observation Deck, upstairs in the Henry M. Jackson Visitor Center

Visibility on top of the mountain wasn't just kind of bad, it was very bad. We walked around the back of the Paradise Inn because we couldn't tell where the front was. We found it eventually.

Paradise Inn Entryway, Paradise, Mt. Rainier, Washington
Paradise Inn Entryway

There are a couple of fantastic waterfalls on the road up to paradise. Narada falls, for all it's beauty, was also very wet. My pictures didn't come out all that well. Christine falls was easy to photograph though.


Christine Falls



Christine Falls, falling

Ok, enough of this for now. Just be warned, it's probably all I'll talk about all week.

[where: Mt. Rainier, Washington]

No comments: